||Hamble, Hants (UK)
|Hours of work:
||37.5 hrs Mon – Fri
Gurit globally delivers composite materials, engineering, processing tools and equipment as well as parts and solutions to a world-class customer list. We work alongside long standing customers in the vertical markets of Transportation, Marine and Wind with continued focus in emerging markets and product development. It is this focus that enables us to continue to deliver the future of composite materials.
We are proud to share our know-how and demonstrate a solid track record of key engineering services for racing boats, superyachts, production boats, workboats, cars, buses, civil and architectural structures, and industrial components.
The Draughtsperson will prepare production drawings that convey critical engineering dimensions, materials & suggested construction sequences. You will assist and advise engineers in best use and practice when using our 2D & 3D software as a design & visualisation tool.
This role is a member of a specialised structural engineering team focused on providing high quality composite engineering and processing advice. As part of a team which responds to enquires across the EMEA region, this role will deal with customers internally, externally, and overseas. The role should therefore promote Gurit and its products/services in a manner consistent with the culture and values of the company. The role is also to be proactive in assisting with improving the effectiveness and proficiency of the engineering division.
- Preparation of engineering production drawings that convey critical engineering dimensions, materials & suggested construction sequences.
- Knowledge of marine composites construction is desirable.
- 2-D draughting and other technical tasks.
- Use 3-D models as appropriate to assist in the design process.
- Assist & advise engineers in best use & practice when using our 2D & 3D software as a design & visualisation tool.
- Development of draughting and an understanding of how composite materials are used to engineer components.
- Maintain detailed record of hours worked on each assigned task for entry into a timesheet program daily or at the end of each week.
- To follow CAD standards and all other work instructions.
- Undertake weight and material estimates
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have a proven track record having performed in a similar role. You will be self-motivated, have a proactive approach to tasks and projects. You will be flexible and resourceful and, whilst maintaining the focus required, you will take responsibility to deliver to agreed timescales. You will possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work to tight demanding deadlines.