FIRE RETARDANT LOW SMOKE SURFACE FILM
- Provides an effective fire retardant layer using the proven 120FRS resin matrix
- Compatible with Epoxy & certain Phenolic prepregs
- Curable at temperatures as low as 95°C (203°F)
- Improves de-moulded surface finish
- Can achieve 120°C (248°C) Tg using vacuum bag processing
- Excellent drape allowing easy in-mould repositioning
SF 120FRS is a low temperature curing fire retardant & smoke suppressant epoxy resin surfacing film.
SF 120FRS can be cured at temperatures as low as 95ºC / 203ºF, but can also be used for faster manufacture of components through its 120 minute cure at 140ºC / 284ºF. SF 120FRS provides an effective fire retardant layer to be used in conjunction with SE 120FRS / ST 120FRS prepreg /SPRINT™ to improve the surface finish direct from out of autoclave, vacuum only processing.
The 120FRS resin matrix has been tested in accordance with the stringent European fire test standard EN45545, achieving a HL2 rating in R7 category (HL1 in R1).
SF 120FRS is ideally suited to rail / industrial / commercial marine craft and civil applications where additional resin is required for producing sandwich laminates in conjunction with other products in the 120FRS series.