COSMETIC CARBON PREPREG
- Ultra high clarity – ideal for cosmetic components with no white-wash or spots
- High-strength prepreg system
- Versatile process window with autoclave, and press moulding
- Curable at temperatures as low as 80°C
- Fast 1 hour cure at 120°C
- Rapid 10 minute cure at 150°C in a press
- Excellent tack allowing easy in-mould repositioning
SC 110 is a new cosmetic grade prepreg that utilises a high clarity, versatile, hot-melt epoxy resin formulation.
The unique formulation ensures that no dicy white-wash or spots are evident in the cured resin, reducing scrap rate by up to 20%. It is ideal for manufacturing high visual quality components using autoclave and press moulding. It can be cured at temperatures as low as 80°C, or it can be used for faster moulding of components at 120°C. Even faster cures are achievable using press moulding technologies at temperatures up to 150°C. This is achieved whilst maintaining good out-life of up to 3 weeks at 21°C. It is a toughened system, and offers excellent mechanical properties on a wide variety of reinforcing fabrics and fibres.
Robust Development Validation
During the development of SC 110, extensive beta testing has been conducted to manufacture the most challenging cosmetic components in order to demonstrate the robustness of the unique resin formulation. Tight curvature, resin rich seams and numerous components have been produced through autoclave and press moulding processes without any sign of white wash or spots.