160ºC TG COSMETIC CARBON PREPREG
- Ultra high clarity – ideal for cosmetic components with no white-wash or spots
- High-strength prepreg system
- Versatile process window with autoclave and press moulding
- Curable at temperatures as low as 130°C (266°F)
- 90 minute cure at 160°C (320°F)
- 30 minute cure at 180°C (356°F)
- Excellent tack and drape allowing easy in-mould repositioning
SC 160 is a cosmetic grade prepreg that utilises a high clarity, versatile, hot-melt epoxy resin formulation.
The unique formulation ensures that no white-wash or spots are evident in the cured resin. It is ideal for manufacturing high visual quality components using autoclave and press moulding. It can be cured at temperatures as low as 130°C (266°F), or it can be used for faster moulding of components at 160°C (320°F). An even faster cure of 30 minutes at 180°C (300°F) can also be achieved. This is achieved whilst maintaining a good out-life of up to 3 weeks at 21°C (70°F). SC 160 is a toughened system, and offers excellent mechanical properties on a wide variety of reinforcing fabrics and fibres.
Gurit’s SC 160 is suitable for automotive, marine and any markets where a high clarity finish is required in conjunction with a high Tg.