160ºC TG COSMETIC CARBON PREPREG
- High Tg, ultra-high clarity prepreg system
- Ideal for visual components
- Versatile process window with autoclave and press moulding
- Curable at temperatures as low as 130°C (266°F)
- 90 minute cure at 160°C (320°F)
- 30 minute cure at 180°C (356°F)
- High tack and drape allowing easy in-mould repositioning
SC 160 is a visual grade prepreg that utilises a high clarity, versatile, hot-melt epoxy resin formulation.
The unique formulation is ideal for manufacturing high visual quality components using autoclave and press moulding. It can be cured at temperatures as low as 130°C (266°F), or it can be used for faster moulding of components at 160°C (320°F). An even faster cure of 30 minutes at 180°C (300°F) can also be achieved, whilst maintaining a good out-life of up to 3 weeks at 21°C (70°F). SC 160 is a toughened system and offers excellent mechanical properties on a wide variety of reinforcing fabrics and fibres.
SC 160 is suitable for interior and exterior automotive, marine and other markets where a high clarity finish is required in conjunction with a high Tg.