STRUCTURAL EPOXY PREPREG
- Excellent handling, drape and mould conformance
- Excellent mechanical performance
- Fast, flexible curing options
- Suitable for compression moulding, autoclave or vacuum bag processing
- Achieves a Tg > 200°C after press curing in 15 minutes at 195°C
- Excellent hot-wet performance
SE 200 is a high strength toughened epoxy system that has a flexible cure envelope ranging from 135°C to 200°C.
SE 200 has been developed to enable rapid part manufacture through a number of composite processing methods. The minimum cure temperature is 135°C from which SE 200 develops a Tg and mechanical properties associated with higher temperature curing systems. Higher temperature cures in excess of 180°C will achieve the best dry and wet thermal performance. Using the appropriate press moulding technology it is possible to achieve a 15 minutes hot-in / hot-out cure at 195°C, making SE 200 suitable for the economic production of automotive parts.
SE 200 structural prepreg can be used in the making of parts such as structural lower tubs, bulkheads, front and rear scuttles, gearbox tunnels and other structural components.