UNIDIRECTIONAL EPOXY PREPREG
- UD prepreg ideal for use in thick sections
- Excellent handling & processing properties during lamination
- Recommended cure between 85ºC / 120ºF and 120ºC / 250ºF
- Compatible with SPRINT™ / prepreg products
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Out-of-autoclave curing
- Available with glass or carbon fibre
SparPreg™ was developed to benefit the lay-up of thick UD sections, such as wind turbine blade spars. The material can produce thick laminates of exceptional quality with low void content, without the need for an intermediary debulking process or additional dry fabric reinforcement to aid air removal. The net result enables blade manufacturers to eliminate production steps and redundant materials and increase capacity.
SparPreg™ has been specially formulated to achieve the outstanding in-cure and mechanical performance of the WE 91prepreg and WT 93 SPRINT™ resin systems. SparPreg™ can be cured at temperatures as low as 85°C / 185°F, but can also be used for the rapid manufacture of components at 120°C / 250°F.
SparPreg™ is an advanced UD prepreg, developed to enable the economic manufacture of unidirectional spar caps for more demanding blade designs, ideal for use in conjunction with other Gurit products.
Readily available to purchase via Gurit's global distributor network click to find a distributor near you.