EH 420 / EH 420C
EPOXY PREPREG CO-CURABLE WITH PHENOLIC
- Available in hotmelt (EH 420) and solvent (EH 420C)
- Extended shop life 30 days at room temperature - 21ºC (70ºF)
- Highly toughened and self-extinguishing resin system (black pigmented)
- Self-adhesive resin formulation with very good adhesion to core materials
- Short curing time – 10 minutes at 160ºC (320ºF)
- Suitable for co-curing with phenolic systems such as PH850C
- Excellent mechanical properties & FST behaviour
EH 420 resin is a self-adhesive epoxy system designed for a wide variety of manufacturing process, controlled flow during curing, high interlaminar shear strength and very good adhesion to cores and metallic substrates at excellent FST properties.
This prepreg material is very suitable for the manufacturing of high performance composite structures and light-weight sandwich components with high specific mechanical properties, excellent impact properties and very strong adhesion to honeycomb cores as demanded by aircraft secondary structures like radomes, fairing and leading edges. In combination with its very good FST performance, it is also very suitable for high performance aircraft interior components.
The resin matrix EH 420C is a 120ºC (248ºF) system, which can be cured at a temperature range between 120ºC(248ºF)/45 min and 160ºC(320ºF)/10 min. It is offered in different tack levels to meet fabrication requirements of curved and complex shaped components.
Both monolithic and sandwich structures can be easily manufactured with this prepreg. The curing can be performed by press, vacuum and autoclave moulding with a pressure of at least 0.7 bar / 10 psi. Such composite structures can be exposed easily to temperatures in the range of -55ºC to +80ºC (-67ºF to +176ºF).
The prepreg material is suitable for:
- Aviation and aerospace industries
- Machine industries
- Marine and automotive applications
- Sporting goods