Gurit supplies an extensive range of reinforcements suitable for composite component manufacture and repair. These materials are based on the most widely used fibre types and fibre orientations and incorporate a variety of construction techniques in their manufacture.
Our range of Reinforcements is presented by fibre type:
- Glass Products – E Glass
- Carbon Products
- Hybrid combinations of the above fibres
Then sub-divided into the following categories, based on the orientations of the primary structural fibres / tows :
- Unidirectional Fabrics – A variety of construction styles with all structural fibres generally running at 0° where optimum mechanical properties or local reinforcement is required. The Style is generally Unitex (‘UT’) which offers a balance of handling properties.
- Woven Fabrics – A wide range of woven fabrics, available in plain, twill and satin weave formations with fibres at 0°/90°.
- Multiaxial Fabrics – Stitched construction with fibres at +/-45° or 0°/90° (Double Bias), 0°/+45°/-45° (Triaxial) and 0°/+45°/-45°/90° (Quadraxial). These products offer excellent mechanical properties, and have optimised fibre spread for high laminate quality.
- Tapes – Narrow (< 200mm) fabric versions of the above
For further information, please see the related documents on the side bar or contact your customer support representative.