As lightweight, high performance composite materials and components increasingly find their way into a growing array of industries, Gurit is implementing a unified global brand strategy. Previously not yet Gurit branded companies or market facing entities will now all feature Gurit as a defining element in their names.
The biggest brand change will be seen in the worldwide marine markets where the combined SP-High Modulus brand will change to the global Gurit brand. This move not least reflects the fact that many of the market leading marine products are also increasingly being used in non-marine industrial markets and applications.
Red Maple, the Tooling business of Gurit, located in Taicang/China will be called Gurit (Tooling) going forward. While moulds for large wind energy turbine blades remain the biggest business in the tooling market, Gurit is now starting to offer its tooling capabilities also beyond the Wind Energy market.
The Balsa wood business will cease to use its former company name Balseurop to adopt Gurit (Balsa) as its new identity.
Over the course of this year all legal entities will be officially re-named to clearly mark that they all form an integrated part of the global Gurit Group. Product names remain unchanged.
During the first half of 2013, Gurit will present its comprehensive composite know how and offering under the unified Gurit brand at key trade shows
- Seatec, Carrara / Italy / 6-8 Feb 2013 / Focus: Marine
- JEC Europe 2013, Paris / France / 12-14 March 2013 /
Focus: All industries and applications
- Aircraft Interiors 2013, Hamburg / GER / 9-11 April 2013/
Focus: Transportation / Aerospace
- Wind Power 2013, Chicago / USA / 5-8 May 2013 /
Focus: Wind Energy
The corporate communication schedule for 2013 is as follows:
- Sales FY 2012 / Press release / End of January 2013
- FY 2012 results conference and online publication of Annual Report / Zürich / March 12, 2013
- Annual General Meeting / Pfäffikon SZ, April 9, 2013
- HY 2013 results / Zürich / August 23, 2013
- 9-Month-Sales / Press release / October 25, 2013