In all we do, we take care of the social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainabiity.
We behave responsibly.
Our vision is to build an organisation with passion for a sustainable future. Sustainability plays a central role in all that we do at Gurit, integrated into all business units, corporate functions, decisions we make and actions we take.
Our five sustainability pillars focus the efforts of our cross-functional and cross-border teams who drive our sustainability progress.
And with the help of our stakeholders, we conducted a materiality analysis to define the sustainability topics most important to the Gurit community in terms of economic, social and environmental impacts. Aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), these inform our annual and longer-term sustainability targets.
Read more about our sustainability targets, progress and programmes in the Sustainability Report 2022
2022 Gurit Sustainability Highlights
- 1.4 billion post-consumer bottles saved from landfill by turning them into PET flakes and granules.
- 0% of standard and essential products contain Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
- Climate neutral for Scope 1 and 2.
- Engaged in 12 external projects investigating circularity and end of life in the composites sector.
- New system in place to assess suppliers, ensuring we are equally committed to sustainable and ethical business practices.
- 23% reduction in workplace accidents between 2020 and 2022.
- 30% of staff took part in projects to help our local communities.