A main highlight is Gurit’s Balsaflex® UVOTEC™ – Low resin uptake technology. Gurit has developed the next-generation of Balsa core materials for the manufacture of ever lighter and lower-cost sandwich panels. A unique chemistry modifies Gurit’s Balsaflex® surface topography in such a way that it significantly reduces the quantity of resin absorbed during the infusion process, without negatively compromising the skin adhesive properties. The lower resin uptake of UVOTEC™ allows users of Balsaflex® to reduce the net weight of infused structures without having to change the infusion processing methods they are familiar with. In addition, the lower resin uptake is also a considerable saving in terms of material cost for Gurit’s customers.
- Up to 1.3kg reduction in resin uptake / sqm
- Potential to engineer weight / cost reduction out of sandwich laminate
- Suitable for all balsa composite processes
Gurit will be displaying its extended structural core offering for the wind energy market, which includes Corecell™ T-Foam, G-PET, PVCell® G-Foam and Balsaflex®.
Gurit will also be showcasing its SparPreg™ featuring Airstream™ coating technology. This specialised prepreg technology allows the economic manufacture of high quality, low-void, unidirectional spar caps using advanced glass and carbon fibres. Main benefits include:
- Excellent handling and mould conformance characteristics from 15°C / 59°F to 35°C / 95°F
- Extremely low void content in any thickness without the need for cold lay-up or de-bulking
- Compatible with low Tg infusion grade tooling
- Suitable for manual, automated and semi-automated lay-up
Another main highlight is Gurit’s new prepreg resin technology which no longer requires chilled storage and transportation and extends the shelf-life of prepregs at ambient temperatures of up to 35⁰C / 95⁰F to over two months. This new technology results in tangible cost and efficiency benefits for the customers. What’s more, it makes Gurit’s advanced prepreg technology more accessible, as the formerly costly need to transport, store, and use prepregs in cooling containers, chilled storage rooms and air-conditioned manufacturing halls now becomes obsolete. Main benefits include:
- Up to 2 months out-life at 35°C / 95⁰F
- Over 8 months out-life at 20°C / 68⁰F
- Ideal to reduce transportation, storage and ambient temperature control costs
Staff from Gurit’s new sales and technical organisation led by Lance Hill, Sales Director America’s as well as members of Gurit Tooling, including Matthew Muhlenkamp, Tooling Sales and Service Manager, Europe and North America and Bing Chen, General Manager Gurit Tooling will be available at the show to discuss Gurit’s product portfolio and composite tooling service offering.
Further information is available at www.gurit.com.